Habit 1- Be Proactive
- I have a “Can Do” attitude and always try my best at everything I do.
- I follow directions and do the right things without being asked, even when nobody is looking.
- I am in charge of my actions, attitudes, and moods and don’t blame others for my wrongdoing.
Habit 2- Begin with the End in Mind
- I plan ahead and set goals for myself.
- I am prepared at all times.
- I think about how the choices I make now will affect my future.
- I think about the positive or negative consequences of my actions before I act.
Habit 3- Put First Things First
- I do the things that I HAVE to do before I get to do the things that I WANT to do.
- I stay focused on what I’m doing and try to minimize distractions if I get off task.
Habit 4- Think Win-Win
- I am a PROBLEM-SOLVER when an issue comes up with another person.
- I think about what other people want and not just what I want.
- I am kind to others and try to think of ways to make everyone happy.
Habit 5- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
- I listen to others without interrupting.
- I raise my hand when I want to speak and wait patiently to be called on.
- I don’t blurt out.
- I try to understand other people’s views and feelings, even if they are different from my own.
Habit 6- Synergize
- I get along well with other people and work well in groups.
- I value the strengths of others and allow myself to learn from them.
- I know that by working together as a team we can get more accomplished.
Habit 7- Sharpen the Saw
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting enough sleep.
- I balance my time between school, community activities, family, and friends.
- I am always learning how to become a better person.
Access the Leader in Me website for more resources here: http:// http://www.theleaderinme.org/what-is-the-leader-in-me/